Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week 7 EOC: My Resume and Optical Resume


My resume has been worked on over and over, and has had many different forms and images. It has seen so many different designs, I’m sure it’s as tired of being worked on as much as I’m tired of my fingers hitting a keyboard.  Since it is getting closer ad closer to my graduation date, I have found that my main time is spent editing and writing, fixing designs and applying for jobs.
            In the last three months alone my resume has been updated five times. It has had everything moved around and reorganized, and had my new logo fixed and correctly applied to it. Because of the fact that everyone I talk to has a different opinion about how a resume should be set up, the resume keeps forming. I’m not changing it to be in the form of those opinions, what I have been doing is finding way to take what people have felt most important or a must do and apply them all to the resume.
            By doing this I am hoping to create a resume that is not only appealing for most people to look at, eye catching, but also as effective as it can get. When it comes down to it, being effective is the most important part. What’s the point of making something eye catching, if as soon as they tried to read it they were lost or didn’t like the wording? This is why effectiveness is very important.
            My next step for my resume will be using Optical Resume to see how they would set it up. It’s a professional site that helps you create an effective resume the best you can. Once I get everything into Optical Resume I will take what it says is best and apply it to my current resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment