Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 8 Photo Challenge: Dressed for an event


This is me at the NAB show. I was only able to make it for one day, but it was an amazing experience that I can’t wait to have again. I went as a student and started off at the Job fair. After hours of talking to employers, I went and walked around the show to check out some of the new gear.
          There was A LOT of really nice, cool, and inspiring gear for filmmakers of all types. New cameras were release, like the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. It’s a camera in the size of consumer DSLR cameras, like the canon 7D or 5D Mark 2. The biggest difference is that the Blackmagic Cinema Camera shoots in raw footage and shoots in 2.5k format (DSLR’s only shoot in 1080 with the exception of the 1D). The only problem with the 1D is price. For the Blackmagic Cinema Camera it’s almost $3,000 and you get free Coloring Software.
            There where a lot of other gadgets and gear I got to test and look at. The one thing I wanted to do I couldn’t. I really wanted to get Avid Certified at NAB. I looked into doing it outside NAB and it cost so much and is just a pain, for students at NAB it was a lower price. Or at least I was told it was.
            I’m wearing a suit I pieced together with the help of my fiancé. I’m a big fan of the vest look. I have a bulkier upper body, I’m not saying fat at all, just thicker chest. Because of that, jackets can be awkward and my sleeves always feel too short. The vest gives me a look that stands out more. It gives me a look people don’t see all the time. My sleeves are up in the picture because this was near the end of the day and I was hot, when I was at the job fair the sleeves were down.

No comments:

Post a Comment