Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 3 EOC: Where are you now and where are you going?

I'm at a point in my life where choices rule all. It's my last quarter in my journey to get my bachelor's degree in Digital Filmmaking & Video Production. It's been a long and treacherous journey. I've had to take a lot of extra steps to even make it this far in life. After high school I worked two jobs for a year trying to pay rent. After that, to get out of the small town I lived in, I joined the military. I wasn't able to go straight into college. I had a few grade issues, and didn't even know where to start in looking for a chance to get scholarships. Even doing all major plays, being president of Drama Club, Journalism for 3 years, and even was Student Body Secretary. With no other options I knew about, Military was the way to go. After 5 years, a tour in Iraq, and the loss of my brother, it was time to follow my dreams. Now here I am, a couple months until I graduate, and I have many choices to make. Choosing the areas to look into moving to, and jobs to apply for, have been at the top of my list. I've been accepted for the MFA in Motion Picture and Television with a focus in Producing program at The Academy of Art University. They have a great online program that will make it so I'm not limited to moving to the school. With all the choices open to me, it's almost overwhelming. As for where I am going, if everything goes as plan, in three years I will have a feature film completed for my graduate project. My dream is to not only have my Master's, but even my PHD, and be a Film and Television Producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment