Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 2 Photo Challenge: Professional Photo of you working













This photo of me was taking during a three camera shoot for a television reality show pilot. We were shooting the show titled “Sound Check”, it was a reality show about local artist here in the Las Vegas area. We interviewed five bands for the pilot show, and it got cut down to three. One of the bands that we got to interview was Alien Ant Farm. Alien Ant Farm was a big band in the early 2000’s that are making a comeback right now. They started their new tour in Las Vegas, right after being shot for the cover of AMP magazine. 

The interview being shot in the picture is with the local band “Crash Kit” who got to open up for Alien Ant Farm. My main role for the show was producing, but we wanted a three camera shoot for the whole show so I had to step in and help with some camera work. I’m seen here with an HMC150. We had our talent in front of a stage for the interview. 

Overall for this project, I served as Producer, Camera Operator, and editor. We had only a two week deadline to get the complete half hour show shot, edited, and turned into VegasTV for airing. For cameras we used two HMC150, a JVC GYHM700, and at time a Canon 7D. It was shot in over five locations, all of which I got the legal paperwork signed and worked out. 

For editing I used Avid Media Composer. It’s the editing software I am most comfortable with when being rushed. I used Final Cut constantly, but Avid Media Composer is the fastest for me to hit the ground running and get it done. In the two weeks the shoot was done I had put in almost 90 hours of work. It’s an experience I wouldn’t trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment