Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 9 Photo Challenge: Producing


For my Producing Photo Challenge I want to stress one main thing about the term producing, producing could be anything from finding the money to finding people or even helping create content when needed. Pretty much your only true job is to make sure the work gets done. Either by phone, in person, or on the computer, you are always doing something; even after the work is done you are still working. It’s a long job that stresses a lot of people out. When everyone else gets to go home for the day, you are sitting there watching dailies until 2 in the morning and waking up at five or six to get back to work.
Now with all that said, I was going to take a new picture for this challenge, but decided to look through some old ones. I choice this picture because it was my first time trying to produce a news style segment. I was completely out of my comfort zone and just focused on trying to find the means to get the segment done. It was a major challenge that I found stressful. The main reason was producing for news is not the same as producing for narrative. Basics of the jobs are the same, but the way of executing is different.
During the time of the picture I was handing out jobs while I was making sure we had enough material to cover our segment. We were actually short by two stories and I had to create them without much time before shooting. I kept giving orders and making sure everyone was doing their jobs while my eyes were fixed on finding the right stories and figuring out where they need to go in our segment. It was a very stressful day, and pointed out to me how hard that specific job can be. Gives me more respect for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment